- Make sure your Cluster Quorum is on a separate host within different security zone just to ensure you fail-overs are remain intact in case of node failure.
- Each HA cluster need entries in primary DNS server to ensure parallel requests are processed however normal TTL time is 300 which means secondary server will not be available till 5 minutes of the last fail-over this situation can create real confusion during testing and configurations. so keep that minimum
- make sure your nodes are joined with this will help to use single user and permission level across all machines.
- the stuff i forgot during deployment was the binding of multiple IP address to the private network subnet. if the setting is not there listener will unable to communicate from the network locations.
- make sure your port 1433 is open from all security zone and port 137 and 139 are open from quorum witness.
- Opens the TCP ports 1433, 1434, 4022, 5022, and 135 on the Windows Firewall
- for cluster node need to ensure that static IP option is selected by default its dynamic. in case of dynamic IPs your cluster will remain offline.
- Ensure required Database is uses Full Recover model.
- SELECT name, recovery_model_desc FROM sys.databases
- Check DNS to ensure all availability group Listeners (e.g., AG1-Listener) IP addresses are listed.
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Things to Remember during SQL SERVER HA Configuration
Recently configured a SQL SERVER high availability Cluster in AWS. the process was smooth and i followed a provided documentation however things to remember when configure HA in AWS
Posted by nettellect at 5:01 PM